This is a stand-alone course or module 2 in a series of 5 courses based on the EQ-i 2.0 model of emotional intelligence.
Do you express yourself in a calm and considered way or do you react quickly and impulsively?
How aware are you of the power of your expression and the reactions from other people?
Emotions are not about being soft and fluffy - they are vital in helping you to make hard, direct management decisions. Expressing your emotions well can mean engaging with and persuading others with more influence and impact. You achieve this through self discipline and emotional control.
The course helps you to
- Understand how you use your internal perception to openly express thoughts and feelings and how others view this
- Explore how to become more emotionally independent and more assertive
- Discover how to communicate your feelings in constructive and socially acceptable ways
How to use your feelings of inner strength and confidence to develop the way that you express yourself effectively to other people.
- The Objectives of this Module on Emotional Expression FREE PREVIEW
- Insights into Emotions
- Emotions at Work FREE PREVIEW
- Emotional States, Moods, Traits and Styles FREE PREVIEW
- The Basic Anatomy of the Brain
- The Chimp Paradox - A Powerful Mind Management Model
- The Basic Emotions Experienced and Expressed by Everyone FREE PREVIEW
- Understanding and Using Emotions
- Some Influences on Emotional Expression
- Detachment - Emotional Detachment in Stressful Circumstances
- Ways to Express Emotion Intelligently
- The Review of this Module on Emotional Expression
- The Objectives of this Module on Assertiveness
- Your Rights and Responsibilities Around Assertiveness
- Some Barriers to Using Assertiveness
- The 3 Choices of Behaviour Around Assertiveness
- Defining Aggressive Behaviour
- Defining Passive Behaviour
- Defining Assertive Behaviour
- Recognising Aggressive, Passive and Assertive Behaviour
- Methods and Techniques to Improve Assertiveness
- Ways to Say "No" Assertively
- The 10 Rules of Assertiveness
- The Review of this Module on Assertiveness
- The Objectives of this Module on Emotional Independence
- What is Emotional Independence?
- Self Esteem - How You Emotionally Evaluate Yourself
- Good Levels of Independence
- Receiving Feedback - How to Receive Critical Feedback
- 10 Steps to Developing your Independence
- The Review of this Module on Independence