This is a stand-alone course or module 1 in a series of 5 courses based on the EQ-i 2.0 model of emotional intelligence.
Understanding how you see yourself in relation to others and the world around you – your self-awareness or self-perception - is vitally important. Also, important is being in touch with your feelings. This needs to take place before you can begin to understand others, your interactions with them, and what impact you have on those around you.
Emotions are not about being soft and fluffy - they are vital in helping you to make hard, direct management decisions. Managing your emotions well can mean managing your life with more influence and impact.
The course helps you to
- Understand how you perceive yourself so that you can develop better self-awareness of who you are and how you relate to others
- Explore what, when, why, and how different emotions impact upon your thoughts and actions
- Discover how to be persistent in your pursuit of personally relevant and meaningful goals
How to work with your values, your strengths and your limitations. How to use your feelings of inner strength and confidence to develop the perception that you have of yourself.
- Emotional Self-Awareness - Objectives
- Emotional Self-Awareness - Examples
- Emotional States, Moods, Traits and Styles
- The Function of Emotions
- Basic Human Emotions
- How Emotions are Viewed
- Noticing Feelings
- Emotional Management
- Handling Emotion
- Mastering Emotions
- Emotional Self-Awareness - Review