How effective are you at working with other people in small groups or in larger teams?
How good are you at communicating and building effective relationships?
The increasing complexity of teamwork in the 21st century means that teams are unlikely to achieve superior performance through chance or the skills of an effective team leader. What matters is how the team manages the emotional climate under which they are working.
This course is about proactively working together with others in ways that will help you to communicate more efficiently as you engage with each other to bring value to your company and your customers. In addition, the skills, processes and tools taught in this course can bring value to other aspects of your life.
Good team working means that you can understand how each other works together. It means that you can have an understanding of other people's strengths and limitations through the way in which they use they prefer to approach situations, their focus and their behaviour.
The course, also, covers working with the emotions experienced during change and ways to develop resilience in individuals, teams and organisations.
Some disagreement and conflict will be inevitable as this is where learning, creativity and understanding occurs. It is not that conflict occurs that is the issue, it is how it is managed by the individuals involved, the team and the leader.
The course is based around the outer world component of emotional intelligence focusing on empathy and social skills.
This course is a standalone course for anyone interested in understanding how to work more effectively with others within teams. It compliments other courses that explore emotional intelligence in more depth.
The course covers the DISC model looking at the behaviours of Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Compliance and how these work together in teams. You get the opportunity to look at the four behavioural styles and how you can work better with others who have a different style to your own.
You'll receive all the information that you need and will be coached using loads of practical hints that you can use straight away.
The course is made up of a series of lectures and contains comprehensive course notes. There are a series of interactive exercises that involve some activity with other people and some reflection.
- Introduction to Developing Emotional Intelligence in Teams FREE PREVIEW
- Practical Activity: Reflecting about this Course on Emotional Intelligence and Teams
- Developing Emotional Intelligence in Teams - Objectives FREE PREVIEW
- Perspectives That Will Challenge Your View on Team Working FREE PREVIEW
- The 3 Virtues of a Ideal Team Player FREE PREVIEW
- High Performing Teams and How to Become One FREE PREVIEW
- Giving and Receiving Feedback in Team Working FREE PREVIEW
- Tips to Develop Emotional Intelligence Working in a Team
- Defining Emotional Intelligence
- What is the Difference Between EI and EQ?
- Emotional Intelligence FAQs
- An Insight into Emotions
- Emotions at Work
- Working with the Emotional Climate
- Running Virtual Meetings with Emotional Intelligence
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Emotional Intelligence
- Practical Activity: Exploring your Hot Buttons
- Working with Others - Learning Outcomes
- Practical Activity: Assessing your Behavioural Style
- The Importance of Behavioural Flexibility
- William Moulton-Marston's Model of the Behavioural Expression of Emotions
- The High Dominance Behavioural Style
- The High Dominance Summary Booklet
- The High Influence Behavioural Style
- The High Influence Summary Booklet
- The High Steadiness Behavioural Style
- The High Steadiness Summary Booklet
- The High Compliance Behavioural Style
- The High Compliance Summary Booklet
- The Ideal Behaviours for Ideal Interactions with Each Behavioural Style
- Working with Others - Learning Review
- Practical Activity: Your Least Favoured Style
- The Meaning and Definition of Resilience
- Why, When and How Resilience is Useful
- Some Techniques That Will Help You to Develop Resilience in Others
- 4 Things That Resilient Teams Do
- Developing Resilient Teams as a Leader
- Ways of Working to Build Team Resilience
- Three Commonly Used Phrases that Drain Resilience
- Emotional Intelligence in Teams - Course Review
- Practical Activity: Review of your Learning from the Developing Emotional Intelligence in Teams Course
Emotional Intelligence Trainer, Coach and Facilitator
About the instructor
Hi. I'm Robin Hills. I am an emotional intelligence coach, trainer and facilitator with over 30 years' business and commercial experience. I am here to support and guide you.
It is my intention to offer the best and highest quality courses on emotional intelligence available on the internet. Teaching emotional intelligence skills is a challenge at the best of times so these courses require you to take some ACTION and put into practice what you have learnt.
Please note that all classes are continually refined and updated to ensure they remain current and relevant.