This is a stand-alone course or module 4 in a series of 5 courses based on the EQ-i 2.0 model of emotional intelligence.
How effective are you at processing information about situations and using emotion to drive your decision making?
How rational and objective are you in solving problems?
Good decision making requires a rational, thoughtful response underpinned with good emotional awareness. Leaders must evaluate all the facts when making decisions and understand the impact that their decisions will have on them, the business and other people.
Understand more about the role of emotions in decision making. Learn how to develop your emotional intelligence and use this skill at work.
The course helps you to
- Assess how you use your emotional intelligence in your decision-making
- Understand the way that people make decisions using emotional information to solve problems
- Discover how to get a better understanding of reality to remain objective
- Explore ways to resist or delay impulses avoiding rash behaviours
How to develop more rational, thoughtful responses underpinned with good emotional awareness.
- Introduction to This Course on Decision Making FREE PREVIEW
- How the Course relates to Emotional Intelligence
- Overview of the Decision Making Course FREE PREVIEW
- Thinking and the 4 Styles of Decision Making
- Thinking and the Directive Decision Making Style
- Thinking and the Behavioural Decision Making Style
- Thinking and the Conceptual Decision Making Style
- Thinking and the Analytical Decision Making Style
- How Emotions are Involved in Decision Making FREE PREVIEW
- The Role of Personality and Emotional Intelligence in Decision Making
- The Myth about Left Brain and Right Brain Thinking
- Feedback in Decision Making
- The Learning Outcomes of this Module on Reality Testing FREE PREVIEW
- What is Objectivity and What is Subjectivity? FREE PREVIEW
- Exploring the Sensory Input Channels FREE PREVIEW
- Reality - What is Really Happening? FREE PREVIEW
- The Three Types of Filters FREE PREVIEW
- Understanding Beliefs, Memories and Values
- Our Interpretations of Memory
- More about Memory
- The Influence of Values and Beliefs on Decisions
- Understanding your Reality
- Observations of Behaviour and Reality
- The Review of this Module on Reality Testing
- The Learning Outcomes of this Module on Problem Solving
- Exploring the Two Types of Problem
- How Adaptability, Risk and Innovation are Involved in Problem Solving
- How to Work with Creativity
- How Intuition is Involved in Problem Solving
- The 6 Steps to Solving Problems
- The SCAMPER Technique of Problem Solving Explained
- Some Considerations To Successfully Work With SCAMPER
- How Emotions Drive Decisions
- The Review of this Module on Problem Solving