This is a stand-alone course or module 5 in a series of 5 courses based on the EQ-i 2.0 model of emotional intelligence.
Almost all of us work in a business environment that is constantly changing, is intense and is unrelenting.
With so many challenges and changes to deal with in both life and the workplace, it’s vital to understand how emotions relate to unfamiliar and unpredictable situations and to manage any related stress. Managing stress means keeping the right perspective, being flexible and maintaining a realistic level of optimism.
Understand more about the role of emotions in stress management. Learn how to develop your emotional resilience and use this skill at work.
The course helps you to
- Assess how you view your stress management and how others view your stress management
- Understand how to cope with the emotions associated with change and unfamiliar or unpredictable circumstances
- Discover how realistic optimism helps you to manage stress better
- Explore ways to adapt and to use your flexibility more effectively
How to manage stress more effectively underpinned with good emotional awareness.
- Introduction to the Course on Stress Management FREE PREVIEW
- The Emotional Intelligence Framework and the EQ-i 2.0
- About this Stress Management Course FREE PREVIEW
- Practical Activity: Moods, Environments, Situations
- What Coping Techniques Do You Use? FREE PREVIEW
- Can Stress Ever Be Described As Useful?
- What Coping Techniques Do You Use?
- A Range of Strategies for Stress Management
- The Learning Outcomes of this Module on Flexibility FREE PREVIEW
- Personality Preferences around Flexibility FREE PREVIEW
- The Differences Between Planning and Spontaneous Types FREE PREVIEW
- Learn How to be More Flexible
- Ways of Working with Change
- The Review of This Module on Flexibility
- Flexibility Course Notes
- The Learning Outcomes of this Module on Stress Tolerance
- Working with Too Little Stress, Too Much Stress And Just About Enough Stress
- Some Key Emotions that Drain Resilience
- Some Key Emotions that Enhance Resilience
- The 3 Phrases that Drain Resilience
- Resilience is a Mindset
- How You Can Put Your Stress Tolerance to Use
- The Review of This Module on Stress Tolerance
- Stress Tolerance Course Notes
- Action Strategy 1 - Feel in Control
- Action Strategy 2 - Create a Personal Vision
- Action Strategy 3 - Be Flexible and Adaptable
- Action Strategy 4 - Get Organised
- Action Strategy 5 - A Minset for Problem Solving
- Action Strategy 6 - Get Connected
- Action Strategy 7 - Be Socially Competent
- Action Strategy 8 - Be Proactive
- The Learning Outcomes of this Module on Optimism
- Defining Optimism and Pessimism and How They Differ
- The Surprising Link Between Health and Optimism
- 5 Ways to Develop Optimism
- How to Work with Negativity
- The Review of This Module on Optimism
- Optimism Course Notes
- Quiz: Test your Knowledge of Optimism