Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
Approved by The Institute of Leadership and Management
Emotional intelligence is the ability to combine thinking with feelings in order to build quality relationships and to make good authentic decisions.
Emotional intelligence is different from IQ - cognitive intelligence, and offers a different perspective on success and performance at work.
Not everyone has the time to take an academic qualification in Emotional Intelligence, which is why Ei4Change offers a range of certificated Emotional Intelligence programmes approved by The Institute of Leadership and Management that can be taken online at any time convenient to you.
These are the benchmark for high quality, bespoke leadership and management training, and often mark the start of the pathway to a full qualification.
The programme covers what emotional intelligence is and what it is not. It looks at some models of emotional intelligence and what they mean.
The programme goes into detail about
- the advantages and disadvantages of emotional intelligence
- ways it can be improved
- the role and function of emotions
- the use and application of emotional competencies
- some do’s and don’ts of working with emotional intelligence
Ways to develop emotional intelligence will be explored along with techniques to work with emotional intelligence.
This programme will give you some insights BUT developing your emotional intelligence will take you time and a lot of effort, and even then you are not going to get it right all the time!!
Who is the programme for?
The course is for anyone who is interested in developing their understanding of emotional intelligence.
It will be of particular relevance to you, if you:
- contribute to decision making within an organisation at either operational, tactical or more strategic level
- are a leader in a team or in a management role and seeking to enhance and develop your career
- have responsibilities for people development activities within an organisation without a specialist function
- are an independent or employed consultant, NLP practitioner, coach or trainer who support organisations in meeting their goals
How is the programme delivered?
The online distance learning programme is delivered using our online learning platform that gives you lots of flexibility to study when and where you wish. You will have access to a range of learning materials on the learning platform, along with online video tutorials, quizzes and some fun material - including a series of complimentary crib cards.
You will have the chance to discuss and debate your findings around your emotional intelligence in a group discussion with others studying the same programme as you. You will be supported throughout by internationally renowned emotional intelligence coach, trainer and facilitator - Robin Hills.
There are some exercises for you to do as a part of the programme to find out how you view your emotional intelligence and how others view your emotional intelligence. These involve some activity with other people and some reflection. They will help to guide you on what and how you need to change. [WARNING: this takes some effort and you may not like what you find out!]
The course contains a structured assignment to ensure that you have understood and can apply what you have learnt.
What is the duration of the programme?
You have lifetime access to the course material so that you can work through the course at your own pace.
The course is equivalent to 6 hours CPD (Continuing Professional Development). Because it is so flexible, you can work within your own time-frame.
How will the certificate be awarded?
Your certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the course. This includes watching all the video lessons, completing the quizzes and downloading the resource material.
There is no requirement for the practical activities and assignments to be formally assessed.
Who are The Institute of Leadership and Management?
Since 1947, The Institute of Leadership and Management has carried out extensive research into the knowledge, skills, attitudes, behaviours and values of great leadership. They use their expertise to continually raise standards and to help others develop and grow.
With over 30,000 members from all over the world and all walks of life, the aim is to inspire great leadership – everywhere.As you are participating in an Institute Approved programme through a recognised provider, you are eligible for studying membership, which is included within the price of the programme.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Discover where you need support with MyLeadership, The Institute’s award-winning e-learning tool
- Share and learn from a 30,000 strong community by participating in events and webinars
- Keep learning by accessing expertly curated resources
- Stay up to date with what’s going on in the world of leadership and management through news updates and podcasts
- Dive deeper into current issues with EDGE online, the leadership journal designed to keep you informed of new research and best practice
- Enhance your reputation with prestigious letters after your name on successful completion of the Advanced and Master Practitioner programmes
On completion of the course, you will receive a digital certificate from The Institute of Leadership and Management, recognising and celebrating your learning and achievement.
All modules are continually refined and updated to ensure they comply with the requirements of The Institute of Leadership and Management as well as remaining current and relevant.
If you would like more information about this programme, how it is delivered, or would like to talk to us about delivering this programme within your organisation, contact us directly.
- A Straightforward Definition of Emotional Intelligence FREE PREVIEW
- What is the Difference Between EI and EQ?
- The Thoughts of Dr.David Caruso on Emotional Intelligence
- Insights into Emotions FREE PREVIEW
- Emotions and Emotional Intelligence at Work FREE PREVIEW
- Working with the Emotional Climate
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Emotional Intelligence FREE PREVIEW
- Quiz: Test your Understanding Emotional Intelligence FREE PREVIEW
- How Emotions are Viewed FREE PREVIEW
- The Development and Function of Emotions FREE PREVIEW
- One Minute Observation Test
- The Basic Anatomy of the Brain FREE PREVIEW
- The Basic Human Emotions Experienced and Expressed by Everyone FREE PREVIEW
- Posters: The Facial Expressions of the Basic Human Emotions FREE PREVIEW
- Quiz: Test your Knowledge of Emotions and Facial Expressions FREE PREVIEW
- The Myth about Positive and Negative Emotions
- Understanding and Using Emotions
- Identifying and Using Emotion
- Tips to Develop Emotional Intelligence through Managing Emotions
- Quiz: Test your Knowledge about Emotions
- Daniel Goleman's Framework of Emotional Intelligence
- The Competencies of Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence as a Set of Abilities
- More About Emotional Intelligence as a Set of Abilities
- What we can Learn from the Six Seconds Model of Emotional Intelligence
- Measuring and Assessing Emotional Intelligence
- Discussion: Using your Emotional Intelligence Competencies
- Emotional Intelligence can be Practised and Learnt
- Practical Hints and Tips around Practising Emotional Intelligence
- The One Percent Solution to Developing Emotional Intelligence
- Some Do's and Don'ts Around Working with Emotional Intelligence
- Quiz: Test your Knowledge about Practising Emotional Intelligence
- Review of the Introduction to Emotional Intelligence Course