Introduction to Emotional Intelligence ILM Endorsed Programme
Emotional intelligence is the ability to combine thinking with feelings in order to build quality relationships and to make good authentic decisions.
Emotional intelligence is different from IQ - cognitive intelligence, and offers a different perspective on success and performance at work.
Not everyone has the time to take an academic qualification in Emotional Intelligence, which is why Ei4Change offers programmes endorsed by ILM that can be taken online at any time convenient to you..
These are the benchmark for high quality, bespoke leadership and management training, and often mark the start of the pathway to a full qualification.
The programme covers what emotional intelligence is and what it is not. It looks at some models of emotional intelligence and what they mean.
The programme goes into detail about
- the advantages and disadvantages of emotional intelligence
- ways it can be improved
- the role and function of emotions
- the use and application of emotional competencies
- some do’s and don’ts of working with emotional intelligence
Ways to develop emotional intelligence will be explored along with techniques to work with emotional intelligence.
This programme will give you some insights BUT developing your emotional intelligence will take you time and a lot of effort, and even then you are not going to get it right all the time!!
Who is the programme for?
The course is for anyone who is interested in developing their understanding of emotional intelligence.
It will be of particular relevance to you, if you:
- contribute to decision making within an organisation at either operational, tactical or more strategic level
- are a leader in a team or in a management role and seeking to enhance and develop your career
- have responsibilities for people development activities within an organisation without a specialist function
- are an independent or employed consultant, NLP practitioner, coach or trainer who support organisations in meeting their goals
How will the programme be delivered?
The online distance learning programme is delivered using our online learning platform that gives you lots of flexibility to study when and where you wish. You will have access to a range of learning materials on the learning platform, along with online video tutorials, quizzes and some fun material - including a series of complimentary crib cards.
You will have the chance to discuss and debate your findings around your emotional intelligence in a group discussion with others studying the same programme as you. You will be supported throughout by our qualified tutor - Robin Hills.
There are some exercises for you to do as a part of the programme to find out how you view your emotional intelligence and how others view your emotional intelligence. These involve some activity with other people and some reflection. They will help to guide you on what and how you need to change. [WARNING: this takes some effort and you may not like what you find out!]
To achieve the ILM Certificate you will undertake an assessed assignment to ensure that you have understood and can apply what you have learnt. This forms a key part of the ILM endorsed programme leading to you being awarded the certificate.
What is the duration of the programme?
You will have up to 90 days to complete the programme, but because it is so flexible, you can work at your own pace within this timeframe.
How will the qualification be assessed?
Assessment will be by an assignment, which will take you about an hour to complete and support will be provided to help you with this.
What is ILM?
ILM is the UK’s leading provider of leadership, coaching and management qualifications and training. It is a specialist membership organisation that raises the professional standards of leaders and managers.
More information about ILM can be found here https://www.i-l-m.com/
You are participating in one of ILM’s Endorsed programmes through a recognised provider, so you are eligible for studying membership, which is included within the price of the programme.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Access to the LearningZone, the ILM's learning and development portal.
- Over 400 digital learning resources, developed by leading experts covering essential leadership and management topics.
- The resource centre is a library of business magazines, management articles and books
- A suite of interactive career development tools and resources
- ILM events and professional seminars
- Access to the ILM community
- Access to ILM reports and surveys
On completion of the course, you will receive an endorsed certificate from ILM, recognising and celebrating your learning and achievement.
All modules are continually refined and updated to ensure they comply with the requirements of ILM as well as remaining current and relevant.
If you would like more information about this programme, how it is delivered, or would like to talk to us about delivering this programme within your organisation, contact us directly.
- How Emotions are Viewed FREE PREVIEW
- The Development and Function of Emotions FREE PREVIEW
- One Minute Observation Test
- The Basic Anatomy of the Brain FREE PREVIEW
- Basic Human Emotions FREE PREVIEW
- Basic Human Emotions (II) FREE PREVIEW
- Emotions and Facial Expressions Quiz FREE PREVIEW
- Emotions Quiz
- The Myth about Positive and Negative Emotions
- Understanding Emotions
- Identifying and Using Emotion