Advanced Emotional Intelligence
Approved by The Institute of Leadership and Management
Emotional intelligence is the ability to combine thinking with feelings in order to build quality relationships and to make good authentic decisions.
Emotional intelligence is different from IQ - cognitive intelligence, and offers a different perspective on success and performance at work.
Not everyone has the time to take an academic qualification in Emotional Intelligence, which is why Ei4Change offers a range of certificated Emotional Intelligence programmes approved by The Institute of Leadership and Management that can be taken online at any time convenient to you.
These are the benchmark for high quality, bespoke leadership and management training, and often mark the start of the pathway to a full qualification.
The first part of the Programme includes all the material covered within the Introduction to Emotional Intelligence approved by The Institute of Leadership and Management.
The Emotional Intelligence Advanced Programme explores the construct of emotional intelligence in detail.
It covers the experience of the inner world; how attitudes, beliefs, values and preferences drive behavioural response and how feelings can be regulated with more effectiveness. The experience of the outer world is explored through empathy, active listening and working with body language.Motivation, resilience and managing change are covered from the perspective of emotional intelligence supported with the application of coaching techniques to develop emotional intelligence.
The programme goes into detail about
- Experience of the Inner World
- Experience of the Outer World
- Motivators and motivational factors
- Emotional resilience
- Managing the emotional pathway through change
- Emotionally intelligent coaching
Ways to develop emotional intelligence will be explored along with techniques to work with emotional intelligence.
This programme will give you some insights BUT developing your emotional intelligence will take you time and a lot of effort, and even then you are not going to get it right all the time!!
Who is the programme for?
The course is for anyone who is interested in developing their understanding of emotional intelligence.
It will be of particular relevance to you, if you:
- contribute to decision making within an organisation at either operational, tactical or more strategic level
- are a leader in a team or in a management role and seeking to enhance and develop your career
- have responsibilities for people development activities within an organisation without a specialist function
- are an independent or employed consultant, NLP practitioner, coach or trainer who support organisations in meeting their goals
How is the programme delivered?
The online distance learning programme is delivered using our online learning platform that gives you lots of flexibility to study when and where you wish. You will have access to a range of learning materials on the learning platform, along with online video tutorials, quizzes, practical activities and some fun material - including series of complimentary crib cards.
You will have the chance to discuss and debate your findings around your emotional intelligence in a group discussion with others studying the same programme as you. You will be supported throughout by internationally renowned emotional intelligence coach, trainer and facilitator - Robin Hills.
There are some exercises for you to do as a part of the programme to find out how you view your emotional intelligence and how others view your emotional intelligence. These involve some activity with other people and some reflection. They will help to guide you on what and how you need to change. [WARNING: this takes some effort and you may not like what you find out!]
The course contains a number of practical activities to put into practice and apply what you have learnt.
What is the duration of the programme?
You have lifetime access to the course material so that you can work through the course at your own pace.
The course is equivalent to 36 hours CPD (Continuing Professional Development). ecause it is so flexible, you can work within your own time-frame.
How will the certificate be awarded?
Your certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the course. This includes watching all the video lessons, completing the quizzes and downloading the resource material.
There is no requirement for the practical activities and assignments to be formally assessed.
Who are The Institute of Leadership and Management?
Since 1947, The Institute of Leadership and Management has carried out extensive research into the knowledge, skills, attitudes, behaviours and values of great leadership. They use their expertise to continually raise standards and to help others develop and grow.
With over 30,000 members from all over the world and all walks of life, the aim is to inspire great leadership – everywhere.As you are participating in an Institute Approved programme through a recognised provider, you are eligible for studying membership, which is included within the price of the programme.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Discover where you need support with MyLeadership, The Institute’s award-winning e-learning tool
- Share and learn from a 30,000 strong community by participating in events and webinars
- Keep learning by accessing expertly curated resources
- Stay up to date with what’s going on in the world of leadership and management through news updates and podcasts
- Dive deeper into current issues with EDGE online, the leadership journal designed to keep you informed of new research and best practice
- Enhance your reputation with prestigious letters (AMInstLM) after your name on successful completion of the Advanced programme
On completion of the course, you will receive a digital certificate from The Institute of Leadership and Management, recognising and celebrating your learning and achievement.
All modules are continually refined and updated to ensure they comply with the requirements of The Institute of Leadership and Management as well as remaining current and relevant.
If you would like more information about this programme, how it is delivered, or would like to talk to us about delivering this programme within your organisation, contact us directly.
- A Straightforward Definition of Emotional Intelligence
- What is the Difference Between EQ and EI?
- The Thoughts of Dr.David Caruso on Emotional Intelligence
- Insights into Emotions
- Emotions and Emotional Intelligence at Work
- Working with the Emotional Climate
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Emotional Intelligence
- Quiz: Test your Understanding Emotional Intelligence
- How Emotions are Viewed
- The Development and Function of Emotions
- One Minute Observation Test
- The Basic Anatomy of the Brain
- The Basic Human Emotions Experienced and Expressed by Everyone
- Posters: The Facial Expressions of the Basic Human Emotions
- Quiz: Test your Knowledge of Emotions and Facial Expressions
- The Myth about Positive and Negative Emotions
- Understanding and Using Emotions
- Identifying and Using Emotion
- Tips to Develop Emotional Intelligence through Emotional Management
- Quiz: Test your Knowledge about Emotions
- Daniel Goleman's Emotional Intelligence Framework
- The Competencies of Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence as a Set of Abilities
- More about Emotional Intelligence as a Set of Abilities
- What we can Learn from the Six Seconds Model of Emotional Intelligence
- Measuring and Assessing Emotional Intelligence
- Discussion: Using your Emotional Intelligence Competencies
- Emotional Intelligence can be Practised and Learnt
- Practical Hints and Tips around Practising Emotional Intelligence
- The One Percent Solution to Developing Emotional Intelligence
- Some Do's and Don'ts Around Working with Emotional Intelligence
- Quiz: Test your Knowledge about Practising Emotional Intelligence
- Review of the Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- Introduction to The Inner World FREE PREVIEW
- What is Self-Awareness? Defining Self-Awareness
- The Johari Window - Insights into your Relationship with Yourself and Others FREE PREVIEW
- Self Limiting Beliefs - How Your Beliefs Can Get In the Way FREE PREVIEW
- Using Affirmations To Change Your Beliefs
- Understanding Values FREE PREVIEW
- Practical Activity: Assessing your Behavioural Style FREE PREVIEW
- William Moulton Marston's Model of the Behavioural Expression of Emotions FREE PREVIEW
- The High Dominance Behavioural Style FREE PREVIEW
- The High Dominance Summary Booklet FREE PREVIEW
- The High Influence Behavioural Style
- The High Influence Summary Booklet
- The High Steadiness Behavioural Style
- The High Steadiness Summary Booklet
- The High Compliance Behavioural Style
- High Compliance Summary Sheet
- Poster: How The Behavioural Styles Express Emotional Intelligence FREE PREVIEW
- Summary Booklet: Do's and Don'ts with Each Style
- The Ideal Behaviour for Ideal Interactions
- Discussion: Your Behavioural Style
- Sensory Input - Sensing The World Through Your Senses
- Filtering Reality - How You Filter Information
- Emotional States, Moods, Traits and Styles
- Ways of Noticing Feelings
- How Emotions Can Be Managed
- What can Influence the Expression of Emotions
- Detachment - Emotional Detachment in Stressful Circumstances
- Ways of Expressing Emotion Intelligently
- Practical Activity: Exploring your Hot Buttons
- Discussion: Exploring your Hot Buttons
- Introduction to The Outer World
- Interpersonal Skills: Hints and Tips Working With Interpersonal Skills
- Defining Empathy
- The Intelligence in Empathy
- The Development of Empathy
- The Way the Brain Works
- Thinking and the Brain - What Thinking is all About
- Empathy and the Brain - What Empathy is all About
- The Neuroscience of Empathy
- Ways to Demonstrate Empathy
- Body Language And Non-Verbal Communication
- Interpreting Some Non-Verbal Signals
- Practical Activity: Developing Empathy
- Discussion: Developing Empathy
- Some Problems Interpreting Expression of Emotion
- A Key Emotional Intelligence Skill - Empathetic Listening
- Some Hints and Tips to Understand and Develop Empathy
- The Importance of Relationships with Others
- Practical Activity: Working with Other's Behavioural Styles
- Working with Others' Behavioural Styles Discussion
- The Learning Outcomes of This Motivation Module
- Theories of Motivation - Needs Theories
- Theories of Motivation - Vroom's Expectancy Theory
- Theories of Motivation - Goals Theory
- Why Rewards Affect Motivation
- Words That Change Minds
- Understanding The Motivational Meta-Program
- Working With The Level of Motivation
- Working With The Criteria of Motivation
- Working With The Direction of Motivation
- Working With The Source of Motivation
- Working With The Reason for Motivation
- Working With The Decision Factors of Motivation
- Learning Summary and Takeaways
- Practical Activity: Determining Motivational Traits
- Discussion: Motivation Traits
- The Learning Outcomes of this Emotional Resilience Module
- A Job Advertisement and a Reality Check - Master of the Universe
- How Emotional Intelligence and Resilience Work Together
- Three Phrases that Drain Resilience - How Many Of These Are You Using?
- The Definition of Resilience (It's NOT Bouncing Back!)
- Why Resilience is Useful and When Resilience is Useful
- Action Strategies - Learning Outcomes
- Action Strategies to Develop Resilience - Strategy 1. Feel in Control
- Action Strategies to Develop Resilience - Strategy 2. Create a Personal Vision
- Action Strategies to Develop Resilience - Strategy 3. Be Flexible and Adaptable
- Action Strategies to Develop Resilience - Strategy 4. Get Organised
- Action Strategies to Develop Resilience - Strategy 5. A Mindset for Problem Solving
- Action Strategies to Develop Resilience - Strategy 6. Get Connected
- Action Strategies to Develop Resilience - Strategy 7. Be Socially Competent
- Action Strategies to Develop Resilience - Strategy 8. Be Proactive
- The Learning Outcomes of this Managing Change Module
- The Various Types of Change in Organisations
- Ways of Working with Change
- Managing the Change Process
- Managing Change in Complex Systems
- Personal Transition through Change and the Emotional Phases
- Personal Transition through Change FREE PREVIEW
- Some Wisdom Around Change
- Review of This Module on Managing Change
Emotional Intelligence Trainer, Coach and Facilitator
About the instructor
Hi. I'm Robin Hills. I am an emotional intelligence coach, trainer and facilitator with over 30 years' business and commercial experience. I am here to support and guide you.
It is my intention to offer the best and highest quality courses on emotional intelligence available on the internet. Teaching emotional intelligence skills is a challenge at the best of times so these courses require you to take some ACTION and put into practice what you have learnt.
Please note that all classes are continually refined and updated to ensure they remain current and relevant.